Emergency "Go-Kit" Fulfillment Center
Water Storage, Filtration & Purification
Water is one of the basic elements of life.
- The human body needs a lot of water to function correctly, and a person may only survive a few days without it.
- Many other factors, such as a person’s activity levels and their environment, also play an essential role, so there is no reliable way to tell how quickly someone would die from dehydration.
- Dehydration happens quickly, causing extreme thirst, fatigue, and ultimately, organ failure and death.
- Within 3 days a person may go from feeling thirsty and slightly sluggish on the first day with no water to having organ failure by the third.
- Dehydration does not affect everyone in the same way. Each person will have a different tolerance level to dehydration and may be able to survive without water for longer or shorter periods than someone else.
- The body needs lots of water to carry out many essential functions, such as balancing the internal temperature and keeping cells alive.
As a rule of thumb, a person can survive without water for about 3 days.
- However, some factors, such as how much water an individual body needs, and how it uses water, can affect this.
Minimum water requirements for survival:
- A person can live for up to two weeks if only 16oz of water is consumed each day.
- A minimum of one quart of water per day is required to keep an average adult male hydrated for up to a month.
- Based on average an adult male at rest under favorable conditions with a minimum of two quarts a day can live indefinitely.
Our Top Picks for Water Storage, Filtration & Purification
We’re an affiliate
We hope the products we list will help you complete your “Emergency Essentials Go-Kit” to help protect you and your family when a disaster or crisis event strikes. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. To learn more, read our disclaimer.
Best Water Storage
WaterBOB Bathtub Storage Emergency Drinking Water Container
WaterBOB Bathtub Storage Emergency Drinking Water Container, Comes with Hand Pump, Disaster and Hurricane Survival, BPA-Free (100 Gallon)
- COLLECT WATER IN YOUR BATHTUB: The waterBOB is a water containment system that holds up to 100 gallons of fresh drinking water in any standard bathtub to prepare for an emergency and survive. Don’t wait in line to buy expensive bottled water or worry about keeping large barrels or tanks. Collect water in the large container that you already have—your bathtub!
- PREPARE FOR EMERGENCIES: Never be without water in an emergency. During a hurricane or tropical storm, water main breaks and storm surges can interrupt or even contaminate your water supply. This is when the waterBOB comes in handy as a temporary water storage system. Don’t be caught unprepared for an emergency. The waterBOB is an essential for your emergency preparedness kit. Feel safer by purchasing a waterBOB today!
- KEEPS WATER CLEAN FOR DRINKING: Water stored in an open bathtub with dirt, soap film, and exposure to debris will spoil and become useless. WaterBOB lets you negate these health risks and make your bathtub a clean and fresh water storage container that helps keep water fresh for up to 16 weeks. Help keep your water clean for drinking, cooking, washing, and flushing.
- EASY TO USE: The waterBOB is simple to use for survival, storing water, and using it for your everyday needs. Simply lay the liner in any standard bathtub, attach the fill sock to the faucet, and fill the bladder to capacity, which takes approximately 20 minutes. A siphon pump is included to easily dispense the water into jugs or pitchers, making it easy to use and prepare your water every day.
- BPA-FREE AND USFDA-APPROVED: The waterBOB is constructed of heavy-duty, food-grade plastic that is FDA compliant for food storage. Our material is also completely BPA-free. Feel confident that you will be prepared for any emergency with our top-quality materials. Put your trust in waterBOB and feel safe with a clean and fresh water storage solution.
Best Water Storage Container
Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container
- 7-gallon rectangular portable water containers with molded contour grips
- Space-saving design for easy storing and stacking when empty
- New and improved screw-on vent keeps contents secure
- Suitable for outdoors activities and emergency water storage
- Hideaway spigot for on-demand water dispensing
- 11.3″ x 11″ x 15.3″
Best Water Filter
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
- Removes bacteria & parasites: The microfiltration membrane removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria (including E. coli and salmonella), and 99.999% of waterborne parasites (including giardia and cryptosporidium)
- Removes microplastics: Removes the smallest microplastics found in the environment (down to 1 micron), and reduces turbidity down to 0.2 microns
- Rigorous Testing: All claims are verified with laboratories using standard testing protocols set by the US EPA, NSF, ASTM for water purifiers
- Long Lifetime: The microbiological filter will provide 4,000 liters (1,000 gallons) of clean and safe drinking water with proper use and maintenance
- Make an Impact: For every LifeStraw product purchased, a school child in need receives safe drinking water for an entire school year.BPA Free materials
Best Water Filter
Sawyer Products MINI Water Filtration System
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and International travel, and emergency preparedness
- High-performance 0.1 Micron absolute inline filter fits in the palm of your hand and weighs just 2 ounces; 100% of MINI units individually tested three times to performance standards by Sawyer
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli); removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium); also removes 100% of microplastics
Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons; Includes one Sawyer MINI filter, 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, 7-inch drinking straw, and cleaning plunger
Best Water Purification Tablets
Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets With PA Plus
- One bottle of 50 Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets and one bottle of 50 Potable Aqua PA Plus tables
- Water purification tablets make questionable water bacteriologically suitable to drink in emergency water situations
- These water purification tablets for drinking water leaves no iodine taste or color in your emergency water, when used correctly.
- Portable water treatment tablets are effective against bacteria and Giardia lamblia, for trusted emergency water purification
- Water treatment tablets offer emergency water purification for hiking, travel, and natural disasters, and ideal to keep with camping accessories