General Class Licensee
Whatever you can imagine and your desire to grow in your Ham Radio Hobby takes you!
The General Class license
Is the second of three US Amateur Radio licenses. To upgrade to General Class License, you must already hold a Technician Class license (or have recently passed the Technician license exam).
Upgrading to a General Class license–which conveys extensive HF privileges—only requires passing a written examination. Once you do, the entire range of operating modes and the majority of the amateur spectrum below 30 MHz become available to you. The FCC grants exam Element 3 credit to individuals that previously held certain older types of licenses. Find valid forms of Examination Element Credit.
All You Need To Pass your General Class Exam is your ARRL General Class License Manual and:
- Pass the 35-question General Class test.
- All the Exam Questions with Answer Key
- NEW! Use with ARRL’s online Exam Review for Ham Radio.
- Detailed explanations for all questions, including FCC rules.
Order your ARRL General Class License Manual TODAY!
Being a Ham radio Operator can be more than just communicating with friends. You can make a difference by joining you’re local Emergency Services in your community, City, County, State or Nation!
These are 3 of the many Emergency Services you can choose from
- Skywarn: Become on the Hams trained by the National Weather Service as one of your communities local Storm Spotters
- ARES/RACES: Emergency service is one of the basics form of the Amateur Radio Service helping your community
- CERT: a volunteer program that educates people about disaster preparedness