Extra Class Licensee
The Extra Class License
General or Advanced licensees may upgrade to Extra Class by passing a 50-question multiple-choice examination. No Morse code test is required. In addition to some of the more obscure regulations, the test covers specialized operating practices, advanced electronics theory and radio equipment design. Non-licensed individuals must pass Element 2, Element 3 and Element 4 written exams to earn an Extra License. The FCC grants exam element 3 credit to individuals that previously held certain older types of licenses. Find valid forms of Examination Element Credit.
The HF bands can be awfully crowded, particularly at the top of the solar cycle. Once one earns HF privileges, one may quickly yearn for more room. The Extra Class license is the answer. Extra Class licensees are authorized to operate on all frequencies allocated to the Amateur Service.
All You Need To Pass your Technician Class Exam is your ARRL Extra Class License Manual and:
- Pass the 50-question Extra Class test
- All the Exam Questions with Answer Key
- Practice for your exam with ARRL’s online Exam Review for Ham Radio
- Detailed explanations for all questions, including FCC rules
All You Need To Pass Your Extra Class Exam!
Order your ARRL Extra Class License Manual TODAY!
Whatever you can imagine and your desire to grow in your Ham Radio Hobby takes you!
Being a Ham radio Operator can be more than just communicating with friends. You can make a difference by joining you’re local Emergency Services in your community, City, County, State or Nation!
These are 3 of the many Emergency Services you can choose from
- Skywarn: Become on the Hams trained by the National Weather Service as one of your communities local Storm Spotters
- ARES/RACES: Emergency service is one of the basics form of the Amateur Radio Service helping your community
- CERT: a volunteer program that educates people about disaster preparedness